The Office of Management and Budget (OMB) has approved the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability form required by the new regulations implementing Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act.
The approval expires on January 31, 2017.
This form is to be used for ‘pre’ and ‘post’ offer applicants and employees to voluntarily self-identify as an individual with a disability. Contractors are required to start using this form on their next AAP implementation date after 3/24/14.
The form may be reproduced for electronic purposes; however, the e-form must:
- Display the OMB number and expiration date,
- Contain the text of the form without alteration,
- Use a sans-serif font, such as Calibri or Arial, and
- Use at least 11-pitch for font size (with the exception of the footnote and burden statement which must be at least 10-pitch in size).
This form should be used during the following stages of the employment process:
- Pre-and post offer stage
- Ongoing surveys – must survey all employees the 1st year of implementation and every five years thereafter. You must also send out an interim reminder of the employee’s ability to change their status to an IWD at any time.
Contractors may identify IWDs who do not self-identify when the disability is obvious or known. Self-identification forms must be kept confidential and should be not included in any data analysis, personnel or medical file.
If you use an applicant tracking system, you want to ensure that this new form is available from your ATS vendor. OFCCP FAQs on the Section 503 Final Rule.
Update provided to eQuest by:
Workplace Dynamics LLC
3679 Ashley Way
Owings Mills, Md 21117